Why this blog?

A friend and I were having a debate on whether or not there was such a thing as a digital planner. Did being a good offline account planner automatically mean you could be a good digital one? What does it take? Since I love my job and the power it gives me to be a consumer champion I've decided to embark on a journey to prove that a 'traditional planner' can embrace the digital world.

Realising that I am going to be pulling from several sources who know what they are talking about and that there must be other planners out there in my shoes, I thought it would be worth blogging what I find. At the very least it's a good place to pull together everything for me. Without this I have a strange feeling that I will be as redundant as the banker who said 'yes buying another bank's bad debt is a really good idea'; wish me luck.

Monday 21 December 2009

The Clever People I've Encounter So Far



Clever person no. 1: chap called Iain Tait. He's introduced me to the ten commandments of digital planning which I intend to religiously live by. This type of advice is surprisingly difficult to come by. Digital planning



Clever person no. 2: Peter McCormack because he showed me how much I understand about digital marketing and where to go to find more. His demystifying powers are nearly magical.
McCormack Morrison



Clever person no. 3: David Armando. From what I read he's a man that consults on digital marketing. I am a Digital Migrant David, not a Native but I want to pass my citizenship test with flying colours. His post explains what I should do for total 101 immersion.
Digital immersion in 2007

Worried that his post maybe a little out of date? Not according to Sir Sorrell. And I must admit that I agree.
Sir Sorrell's future


Clever person no. 4: Chris Voss
This bod is a Social media guru. Now he has shown me exactly how interdependent the digital world is. I studied cybernetics and Systems Science at university. Perhaps we could have a chat one day?
Chris Voss' tweets

I know there are thousands of opinion formers out there but these are the few I have come across. To those few, I thank you. I hope my links bring Google crawlers scuttling in your direction.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. I'd like to be able to respond so if you leave some way of me contacting you that would be great.