Why this blog?

A friend and I were having a debate on whether or not there was such a thing as a digital planner. Did being a good offline account planner automatically mean you could be a good digital one? What does it take? Since I love my job and the power it gives me to be a consumer champion I've decided to embark on a journey to prove that a 'traditional planner' can embrace the digital world.

Realising that I am going to be pulling from several sources who know what they are talking about and that there must be other planners out there in my shoes, I thought it would be worth blogging what I find. At the very least it's a good place to pull together everything for me. Without this I have a strange feeling that I will be as redundant as the banker who said 'yes buying another bank's bad debt is a really good idea'; wish me luck.

Friday 2 July 2010

Jargon for today...

I've learnt so much whilst wondering on my digital wanderings I feel it's time I can share a little. My mum asked me what an RSS stands for and I realised I know what it does but didn't know what it stands fro. So here we are:

RSS: Really Simple Syndication
Officially: Content that is published by an XML standard that is syndicated for (or shared by) other sites or read by others using RSS feeders like Google Reader or personalised home pages.

Unofficially: Help in spreading, sharing and splicing the word and proper kudos to for the author. Hint absolutely intended.

Wikily:  RSS on Wiki

Visually:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. I'd like to be able to respond so if you leave some way of me contacting you that would be great.